The Broadway Sensation Mean Girls is Heading to Boston
Mean Girls, the Broadway musical adaptation is heading to Boston at the start of next year. The tour is considered the first of its kind, and it will kick off at the Citizens Bank Opera spanning January 28 to February 9, 2020. Also, on offer is a lineup of 10 touring productions to celebrate the 35th anniversary season beginning from 2019 to 2020. Disney’s The Lion King is the first show, and you can catch it as early as October.
Another show to look forward to is the debut of “SUMMER; The Donna Summer Musical.” it is about Boston’s indigenous diva. There are other shows to look forward to, notably the never aging romantic adventure “Anastasia,” the musical masterpiece “Come From Away,” and the award-winning “The Band’s Visit.”
“The programming lineup will be both entertaining and exciting,” these were the words of the vice president of Broadway In Boston, Tivon Marcus.
Other shows to look out for include; Jersey Boys, Cats, Chicago, and Fiddler on the Roof.
- “Disney’s The Lion King,” on show at Opera House from October 3-27, 2019. The iconic musical story follows Simba, the lion king cub in his pursuit and searches for his identity. The show flagged off the Opera House back in 2004, and it is coming back kick off another season.
- “Come From Away,” on show at the Opera House from November 5-17, 2019. Also known as the 9/11 musical, the show follows the true-life story of 7,000 airline passengers stuck in a rather small town called Newfoundland following the events of 9/11 terrorist attack.
- “Cats,” on show at the Opera House from January 28- February 9, 2020. The show that gets better and better on each showing.
- “Mean Girls,” on show at the Opera House from January 28 – February 9, 2020. Broadway musical adaptation follows the life of a home-schooled girl, and her confrontations with a group of cool girls when she starts public school for the first time.
- “Fiddler on the Roof,” on show at the Emerson Colonial Theatre from February 25-March 8, 2020. The story follows the Jewish dairyman, Tevye on his quest to defend his tradition. You will never get tired of hearing the timeless classics like “Tradition,” and “Sunrise, Sunset.”
- “Jersey Boys,” on show at the Emerson Colonial Theatre, from March 18-22, 2020. The award-winning musical tells us about Frankie Valli and his interactions with the Four Seasons. Prepared to be dazzled by “Big Girls Don’t Cry,” and a whole host of others.
- “The Band’s Visit,” showing at the Opera House from March 24-April 5. A musical masterpiece that shows the redeeming power of music, and its ability to unite two ancient enemies together.
- “Chicago,” on show at the Emerson Colonial Theatre from May 5-10, 2020. The entertaining tale of Roxie Hart, and her pursuit for celebrity status despite her shady personality and murderous traits.
- “Anastasia,” on show at the Opera House from July 7-19, 2020. Entirely based on the iconic animated film, the musical follows the story of an orphan and her journey to find the story of her past.
- “Summer; The Donna Summer Musical,” on show at the Opera House from August 4-16, 2020. The perfect combination of excitement and entertainment. Get serenaded with timeless hits such as “Love to Love You Baby,” and lots more.